In a critical situation, every second counts. At Mercy's Emergency Services, you'll receive highly specialized emergency care quickly, compassionately and during the hours you need it. Staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, we're open and ready for any emergency that comes your way.
In the past year, Mercy's Emergency Services has cared for more than 23,000 patients ranging from critical cardiac events to minor injuries and sicknesses. Mercy's emergency staff consists of physicians, physician assistants, and nurses who are specially trained for emergency and trauma care and hold certifications in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum (TNCC) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
Certified as a Community Trauma Care Facility (Level IV), Mercy's Emergency Services has the resources to provide initial stabilization for all trauma patients while preparing the patient for transfer, if needed.
- Serving the bi-state region of Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois.
- Certified as a Community Trauma Care Facility (Level IV).
- Staffed by seven emergency physicians and two physician assistants.
- 15 ambulance services provide transport to Mercy's Emergency Department.
- Air transport provided by MedForce or University of Iowa AirCare
For more information about Mercy's Emergency Services, contact 563-244-3641.