At Mercy - Clinton, we believe that nothing is more precious than the gift of life. That's why we commit to giving you the highest level of care and comfort during the delivery of your baby. With our newly remodeled private labor and delivery suites, you can expect a comfortable, home-like setting knowing that you will be individually cared for by a team of dedicated and compassionate professionals. We understand that this is an important and special time in your life. We'll be there to help guide you through your delivery.
As the recipient of the 2012 Iowa Healthcare Collaborative Patient Safety Award, we are proud of our dedication and commitment to the care and safety of our patients.
By choosing the birthing services at Mercy - Clinton, you can feel confident that we provide you:
- Advanced infant security system for your peace of mind.
- Electronic medical charting and state-of-the art central fetal monitors provide the most up-to-date technology for your safety and that of your baby.
- Pain relief methods include breathing techniques, positioning, birth balls, medications, and epidurals under the advice of your physician.
- Experienced nurses giving personalized, around-the-clock care for both mother and baby.
- Private rooms with sleeping accommodations for your partner and rooming-in for your newborn.
- Support for your choice of birth plan.
- Certified staff in neonatal resuscitation.
- Relationships with regional medical centers if your infant should need specialized care after birth.
- One-on-one staffing during active labor.
- Certified Breastfeeding Counselor and Childbirth Educators available.
- Free birth certificate and hearing screen.
- Wireless Guest Internet Available
- Online baby nursery to share photos with friends and relatives.
- Home care visits, if recommended by your physician, to care for your needs once you arrive home.
To help you prepare during your pregnancy, Mercy's experienced nurses invite you to attend prenatal classes called Healthy Expectations; Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond. Classes cover topics from your pregnancy, labor and how to care for your baby after birth. Tours of the OB unit are also available.
For more information, contact us at 563-244-3917 or see the current class schedule.