Located on the bluffs of the Mississippi River, Mercy Medical Center-Clinton is a faith-based, full-service community health system serving residents in Clinton, Iowa and surrounding communities in eastern Iowa and northwestern Illinois. With a history dating back more than 120 years, Mercy - Clinton is proud to offer the latest in health and medical services with a caring, compassionate and personal touch.
Mercy - Clinton provides a broad range of services to meet the health care needs of residents in the bi-state area. With two main campuses, Mercy operates 346 licensed beds, including 183 long-term care beds and a 23-bed dementia care unit. Services include a Radiation Oncology Center in affiliation with the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, two cardiac catheterization labs, renal dialysis and a trauma center. Residents also have access to the skill of Mercy's home health and hospice care, as well as quality equipment and supplies through Mercy Home Medical Equipment.
As the areas largest employer, Mercy - Clinton's staff of nearly 1,000 employees are dedicated to providing excellence in patient care. Helping to care for the health needs in the community is the medical staff of nearly 60 physicians, of which more than 74 percent are Board Certified.
As a major provider of health services, Mercy-Clinton is committed to working with other healthcare providers to assure a full continuum of excellent, cost-effective healthcare services accessible to all persons. Recognizing the importance of maintaining health, Mercy-Clinton creates opportunities to promote wellness and assist people to take responsibility for their own health and well-being. In addition, Mercy - Clinton supports community programs and activities that enhance the cultural and economic prosperity of its associates and the community at large.
- Mercy - Clinton is a non-profit health care organization and is a member of Mercy Health Network based in Des Moines, Iowa, and Trinity Health based in Livonia, Michigan, the fourth largest Catholic healthcare system in the nation.
- Mercy - Clinton is a certified Level IV Community Trauma Care Facility providing initial stabilization for all trauma patients while preparing the patient for transfer if needed.
- Mercy's Radiation Oncology Center, a joint service of the Department of Radiation Oncology of the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, provides leading edge treatment for a wide range of cancers.
- Advanced and accredited, Mercy Imaging Services includes full-field digital mammography, 64 Slice CT scanner, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), ultrasound, nuclear medicine, Positron Emission Tomography (PET), stereotactic breast imaging, and fluoroscopy.
- Recipient of National Awards:
- In 2007, Mercy transitioned to an integrated electronic medical record, which transformed the way we deliver patient care, with evidence - based practices and improved safety.
- Mercy Living Centers provide long-term care services and, by embracing the Eden philosophy, focus on resident-centered care and provide a homelike setting for all residents.